Friday, August 3, 2012

Progress!

Most of the trash is out, the old furniture removed and a lot of stuff put away. I consider that progress! I'll paint my new bookshelf and move it in next week and hopefully that will let me clear away the rest of the stuff that is on my desks. Today, I put up my door decorations (most of it anyway) and try to work on my small group area.
My Daily Five books are on the way (thanks, Mom!) and I've found several good blogs about using it in the classroom. I went to Momma's school yesterday and got ideas from her colleague (thanks, MCG). One of the ones I liked best was having the students place a clothespin to the bookbasket they checked out from in the classroom library. I'm thinking bookmarks or something flat since I don't think clothespins will work on my baskets, or looking for new baskets (always fun and mine are chipped). My momma also showed me the magic of air freshener - spray on white board, wipe, and magic - the board is clean!
I did finish my ticket board (sorry for the sideways picture)and it did turn out cute if I say so myself. I'm going to put owls on the corners where I wasn't thinking about the ribbon overlapping. I put up objective boards above my calendar (not perfectly spaced, but they will be taken up and down so much so I can write on them, hopefully they will look like I use them). The paper lanterns added a fun and playful touch to the room and another splash of color. I hope my students like all of this!


No comments:

Post a Comment