Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day Two

After working most of the summer on my room, there are finally students there! It's not going exactly as I planned (I bet your days haven't either) but I do think some of my new ideas have  paid off. My students are remembering to use the Where Am I? Board without me reminding them...which is nice because it's very new to me as well. They love my ticket board and will love it more because I actually put their tickets in the pockets this afternoon. 
As for the Daily Five, I am very proud to say that we have talked about Read to Self and practiced three times at their desks. So far I have just had them read from their science book ( always a hit) because we hadn't completed STAR testing. They are reading for about four minutes right now and will hopefully be up to ten minutes by the end of the week. We finished STAR testing today so tomorrow I plan on letting them check out Good Fit books after we discuss that again. Wish me luck and enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment